Sunday, February 22, 2009

I feel good!

I went to the LTUE conference on thursday and friday. Even though lots of the classes didn't apply to me (since it's a fantasy writing conference) there were still some that did. There was one class that was AMAZING though. It was taught by an author named Clint Johnson and he talked about conceptulizing your story to its full potential before you start writing. Then, of coarse, he told us how he goes about that.

I loved it because, I, who hates to outline, found it a great way to get all my thoughts out about my story, pick the best one, and then start writing. Before, I'd have a vague idea of my story, but it was bound to twist and turn every which way, usually depending on my mood. But last night I analyzed my protagonist and my antagonist the way Clint showed us and rewrote my first chapter (for the third or fourth time) today. It was so much fun!

So, now I just feel happy and content with the work I did. I know it's not perfect, and I'll revise it another thirty times before I'm done with it, but I feel like I've accomplished something on a much deeper level than before. YaHooo!

2 comments:

  1. I found your blog through LDS Writer's Blogck. How great that you got to go to the conference on the weekend. That class on conceptualizing sounds like one I could really use.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to meet you Stephanie. Come back anytime!

    ReplyDelete