Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Goal Setting

Hey y'all, (No, I'm not southern. That "y'all" came out of nowhere)

So I joined Trisi's Challenges today, which means my goal of having a complete rough draft of my current ms done by the end of April is now sitting on my plate of things to get done, along with getting off my rear end and at least giving my house the minimal cleaning treatment.

I know myself well enough to know though that I am the queen of procrastination. So, to try to remedy this flaw of mine, I'm going to give myself a daily goal. Hopefully, by doing it that way, I will get the rough draft finished.

Today's goal - finish character sketches of my four main characters - Harley, Carlina, Eileen, & Robert. Also, give the "coal draft" of the current scene I'm writing and small polish and turn it into a rough draft.

Definition of Coal Draft - for those of us who don't outline it's the first writing of a scene. It's really bad, but after a lot of pressure and hard work, diamonds appear.

I'll report to you tomorrow morning to let you know how I did!

Kisses,
Ashley

1 comment:

  1. You can do it Ashley! Whoo Hoo! Are you bringin' it to LDStorymakers?

    ReplyDelete